nathan Posted May 7, 2019 Posted May 7, 2019 Has anyone looking into smart buildings in their school/schools? I'm currently looking at how we obtain near real time meter readings/usages data and i'm thinking The Things Network" will be the way to go. Down the line i'd like to add a sensor in each classroom that will measure temp/humidity/CO2 etc Biggest hurdle i'm finding at the moment is that all our meters are different and so figuring out sensors for them can be difficult, an easier way would be to install sub meters but i'd rather not do that.
dhicks Posted May 7, 2019 Posted May 7, 2019 Down the line i'd like to add a sensor in each classroom that will measure temp/humidity/CO2 etc I'm thinking the same thing - I currently have a couple of BigClown devices I'm trying out in-school. I came across them at BETT this year, they are London-based and aiming to be in the UK education market. I have one of their devices monitoring air quality and temperature ouside my office at the moment, with the plan being to make that device into a working wall display with live data for the children to read. Biggest hurdle i'm finding at the moment is that all our meters are different and so figuring out sensors for them can be difficult, an easier way would be to install sub meters but i'd rather not do that. Are these currently mechanical metres with a numerical readout? Is something with a camera an option - just have something take a photo and send it off to a server for processing?
nathan Posted May 7, 2019 Author Posted May 7, 2019 I'm thinking the same thing - I currently have a couple of BigClown devices I'm trying out in-school. I came across them at BETT this year, they are London-based and aiming to be in the UK education market. I have one of their devices monitoring air quality and temperature ouside my office at the moment, with the plan being to make that device into a working wall display with live data for the children to read. Are these currently mechanical metres with a numerical readout? Is something with a camera an option - just have something take a photo and send it off to a server for processing? Will have to look into the BigClown stuff as i haven't heard of that before. I've been looking at the The Things Network, their gateway is pretty cheap (£250) and this allows for many manufactures of sensors. It's a mixture of meters really, there are various issues such as some water meters already have sensors attached with encrypted data being broadcast at 433Mhz which only the water company can read.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now