forkies Posted April 1, 2019 Posted April 1, 2019 Our DM has deleted a sims report, is it possible to restore a sims report? I am trying to avoid restoring two servers from backups if possible as we have a dedicated SQL server and separate sims documents server so I assume would need to bring a copy of both these online to a test bench server to export the report and then import it back into the live sims. Seems super long winded for one sims report but if needs must then I will get this process rolling. Any advice welcome, Tom
bobsmith Posted April 2, 2019 Posted April 2, 2019 make them write it again, it can't take that long. when you're talking about restoring the report - you mean natively from within sims or from your backup solution? the reports are stored in the DB as best I know so unless your DM had exported it already you'll have to get a test bench restore of the sims server up and running then export the report you're missing.
forkies Posted April 2, 2019 Author Posted April 2, 2019 make them write it again, it can't take that long. when you're talking about restoring the report - you mean natively from within sims or from your backup solution? the reports are stored in the DB as best I know so unless your DM had exported it already you'll have to get a test bench restore of the sims server up and running then export the report you're missing. Was thinking restore from backup solution. It is an old report and they dont know what filters etc where on it, but I have asked them to try. LA support came back to say it is in the docstorage, but must be a record in SQL too right to index it? To restore both SQL and DOCSTORAGE servers from backup onto a seperate VM host and then connect and export the report just seems so long winded for 1 report, I will see what the DM comes back with.
bobsmith Posted April 2, 2019 Posted April 2, 2019 it's a good test of your backup strategy though. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now