Scruff Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 Let me start by just saying AARRRRGGGHHHH *multiple expletive deleted* I've been trying to fix this problem since friday morning and i'm not sure how long i'll have any hair left. I just bought a room full of HP DC7800 machines with Intel 82566DM network adapters and I want to use my RIS setup to get them up an running, thats not too much to ask I'm sure. I get the old chestnut back from RIS that my image doesn't contain the right drivers as per usual so I go through the whole $oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC thing and bunging drivers in left right and centre of that directory and i386, editing the .sif and whatnot. Same issue still. On some forums they say about RIS not parsing some of the .inf files correctly so I download the specific RIS .infs from Intel, delete the required .PNFs and restart binlsvc. Still no joy They also mention some manual editing of the Intel INFs because they're too large, so i've done all of that too and it's still moaning. Does anyone PLEASE have any ideas left ? Cheers Rob
rob_f Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 Have you checked that the inf file definately contains the PCI vendor and device IDs that you see if you look in the properties of the network card within device manager? If not, there will never be the one-to-one mapping of the card with the inf file. Other than that, there are many different places to put the files and I can't remember which one actually works! It is a pain, i agree! Rob.
Scruff Posted May 6, 2008 Author Posted May 6, 2008 the inf file does contain the line: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_10BD&SUBSYS_10BD8086 This relates exactly to the device in the original machine the i riprep'd I really can't see why it's not working, it should be so easy ;p
Quackers Posted May 6, 2008 Posted May 6, 2008 How many Windows XP Installs do you have? Do you have like a Windows XP Windows XP SP1 Windows XP SP2 ? As the text mode part is done from the first Windows XP Install that was put on RIS. I made the mistake once of not adding the drivers to the original XP install so the text mode part would work.
Scruff Posted May 6, 2008 Author Posted May 6, 2008 I have a WINDOWSDEFAULT which is XPSP2, this is the original OS that it installs, alonside that I have the individual machine images i.e DC5100 DC7800 I'm putting the drivers in the both the base windows install and the individual machine type install, in both their i386\$oem$\$1\Drivers\NIC and their 1386 Directories. Still no joy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now