Mikew82 Posted February 10, 2019 Posted February 10, 2019 (edited) Hi All. I have just started at a new school and one of the plans is to upgrade the 4 nodes ( HP ) from 2012 to 2016. What the best way of doing this - Moving all VMs to the other 3 hosts, and do a fresh install on the first host, once that is built move the VMS to the 2016 hosts i have just built and do the same to the next host? Can I reuse the same IP on the host once I have done a fresh install or is best practice to use new IPs? The cluster shares the same IP as host 2 from what i can see so if I wipe that host is it going to cause an issue? Any advice would be great. Thanks. M Edited February 10, 2019 by Mikew82
mavhc Posted February 10, 2019 Posted February 10, 2019 Need more detail on how they're configured, how is the cluster set up?
Mikew82 Posted February 10, 2019 Author Posted February 10, 2019 Need more detail on how they're configured, how is the cluster set up? Thanks for the reply. How would I find this info out. The network is new to me so on a slight learning curve having used only VMware before.
willtech Posted February 10, 2019 Posted February 10, 2019 This Video might give you an idea from 2012 R2 to 2016
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now