Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking for some new laptops. We have HPs at the moment but can I ask for some feedback from anyone using Samsungs especially the P400 & P500 series.

 

Alternative suggestions would be grateful too. Min 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, wireless, long battery life etc. Budget is max of £450 per laptop.

 

Has anyone bought any with 801.11n(draft) cards in them yet?

Posted
I used to buy HP but have swapped to Lenovo Thinkpads purely for superior build quality - the HPs were fine but the Thinkpads are indestructable! If you speak with ICT Direct, you may even be able to get some T-series Thinkpads in your price range.
Posted

we just got some HPs from misco, they chucked in an extra gig of ram free and tan extra 3 yr warranty was £30. They were under £400, came with vista but.

 

Will find the exact model tomorrow

Posted
I'm looking for some new laptops. We have HPs at the moment but can I ask for some feedback from anyone using Samsungs especially the P400 & P500 series.

 

Alternative suggestions would be grateful too. Min 80GB HD, 1GB RAM, wireless, long battery life etc. Budget is max of £450 per laptop.

 

Has anyone bought any with 801.11n(draft) cards in them yet?

 

The IBM thinkpad R61i sounds like a good solution for you with spec as shown below,

 

Lenovo ThinkPad R61i Notebook - Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2310 1.46GHz - 15.4" XGA - 1GB DDR2 SDRAM - 160GB - DVD-Writer (DVD-RAM/-R/-RW) - Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi - Windows Vista Business - Black

not bad for £355.00+vat

 

Hope that helps

Posted
Lenovo very much want to do deals if you order quantity. I managed to get the Lenovo sales reps phone number, I spoke to him, told him I wanted x Laptop + bag + extended warrenty and that I had X amount to spend. He came up with a pricing that was good and then sent the special pricing to the 3 companies I wanted to deal with. I ended up with a deal I was happy with and so far the lenovo laptops have been excellent.
Posted
@alan-d: The majority of the Thinkpads come with 3-year onsite warranty as standard.

 

On the T61's we bought the standard warranty was carry in on parts an labour...you have to upgrade for onsite.

Posted
@alan-d: The majority of the Thinkpads come with 3-year onsite warranty as standard.

 

On the T61's we bought the standard warranty was carry in on parts an labour...you have to upgrade for onsite.

 

if you do purchase the warranty upgrade make sure the resellers you're dealing with amend the warranty status. You can check the lenovo website to see the type of warranty doing a serial number lookup. You can then give the reseller a roasting if they haven't amended to the upgrades warranty.

  • 2 months later...
Posted
you know on lenovo thinkpads R series, they claim to come with a 6 cell battery, how long does this last... if say you were doing email, internet work?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...