Koldov Posted January 17, 2019 Posted January 17, 2019 (edited) Particularly (in fact spectacularly) bad timing on my part.... In the middle of changing our iPad MDM solution from Lightspeed to Meraki, I decided it would be a great idea to upgrade our Mac Mini to Mojave. As you can see in the screenshot, I did one batch of iPads a couple of days ago. I have done another batch today, but they seem agonisingly slow to deploy apps. Looking at the caching server, very little is being downloaded to them. Also I have noticed there doesn't seem to be any of the handy network configuration options since it moved away from the Server App into the Sharing section of System Preferences (and unfortunately I am a complete beginner in terms of command line options on a Mac)... Any ideas what has happened? Edited January 17, 2019 by Koldov
DalekSec Posted January 17, 2019 Posted January 17, 2019 When you go to Sharing -> Caching in Settings does it all seem OK? is the Mac still on the same network/vlan as the other apple devices? 1
Brimstone Posted January 17, 2019 Posted January 17, 2019 See these docs... https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/view-content-caching-logs-statistics-mac-mchl0d8533cd/10.14/mac/10.14 https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/change-content-caching-preferences-on-mac-mchleaf1e61d/10.14/mac/10.14 1
Koldov Posted January 18, 2019 Author Posted January 18, 2019 (edited) Yes I saw those documents, obviously just skim read them in my haste to get the iPads back into circulation (after spending most of the week Googling the hell out of Meraki documentation to help with my near vertical learning curve)... The last paragraph of the last link! "Press and hold the Option key, then click Options, or click Advanced Options to set options for the cache size and content caching clients, peers and parents." Hey Google.... How do I press the 'Option Button' through VNC on a headless (and keyboardless) Mac...? Edit: Windows button..... Edited January 18, 2019 by Koldov 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now