Gongalong Posted December 12, 2018 Posted December 12, 2018 Hi folks, Anyone out there have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro? I'm trying to confirm whether it’s (a) possible to embed YouTube videos within a PDF and (b) once embedded do they play within the file, or just take you to the link? Thanks
Arthur Posted December 12, 2018 Posted December 12, 2018 (edited) I'm trying to confirm whether it’s (a) possible to embed YouTube videos within a PDF Unfortunately not. I just tried to embed a YouTube video in Acrobat Pro DC and received the following error message. This is probably because YouTube videos typically use the VP9 video codec and Acrobat only supports H.264 .movs and .mp4s. https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/adding-multimedia-pdfs.html Another way to add multimedia is by entering a URL that refers to a video file or streaming media. Three types of URLs can be used: RTMP, HTTP, and HTTPS. On HTTP and HTTPS servers, H.264-compliant MOV and MP4 files are supported. Edited December 12, 2018 by Arthur 1
Gongalong Posted December 12, 2018 Author Posted December 12, 2018 Thanks! That's what I get with Acrobat X Pro, but wondered if the latest version might cope with something more modern.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now