Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi there

Does anyone know of a way please to stop the extra locations coming up in Word to save to?

I'd like it just to give the option to save to a local file on the C: Drive.

I'm worried if an exam user saves to the desktop they will lose their work on logging out.

I have looked everywhere.....

 

Thanks for your help.

Posted
I would suggest redirecting the desktop to a folder on the server and allow user to read only and domsin admins to read write. Then people cannot save to desktop Richard
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Mikey boi!!!

 

Open the Group Policy Management Editor

Expand USER CONFIGURATION > PREFERENCES > WINDOWS SETTINGS > REGISTRY

Right click and select NEW

Set the HIVE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Set the PATH to SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\General

Set the NAME to SkipOpenAndSaveAsPlace

Set the VALUE TYPE to REG_DWORD

Set the VALUE DATA to 1 (Decimal)

Click OK and close your Group Policy Management Editor

Go to your test PC and run GPUPDATE /FORCE (or reboot)

 

Already done and tested!

  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...