Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted
Am I right thinking that defining a network as a VLAN is the same as just saying "this vlan exists", whereas creating a network as corporate is the same as "this VLAN exists, and the USG device handles its routing"?
Posted

Sort of yeh.

 

VLAN removes subnetting options and just tags for the configured VLAN.

 

Corporate is more of a general network, which the LAN will be on your USG, under which you can still enable VLANs.

Posted

OK, so to clarify.

 

I currently have a HP switch handling the VLANs and their subnets, and the inter-vlan routing.

 

I have the vlans defined with an IP address each, and each with an IP address helper pointing at the right DHCP server for that vlan.

 

On the Unifi controller, to reproduce this, I would set up those VLANs as Corporate networks, each with an IP, assigned to one of the LAN ports? Rather than creating VLANs as such?

Posted
OK, so to clarify.

 

I currently have a HP switch handling the VLANs and their subnets, and the inter-vlan routing.

 

I have the vlans defined with an IP address each, and each with an IP address helper pointing at the right DHCP server for that vlan.

 

On the Unifi controller, to reproduce this, I would set up those VLANs as Corporate networks, each with an IP, assigned to one of the LAN ports? Rather than creating VLANs as such?

 

 

Yeh the VLAN is only really if you want to set a VLAN without defining the subnet for it. Your config should be fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...