RabbieBurns Posted July 9, 2018 Posted July 9, 2018 Im trying to create a workbook with cells with dropdown options that the user can change and it will update the results accordingly. I'm struggling with the formula to do the calculation for the different iterations of the contents of the dropdown cells. What I have working is =IF(B5="Yes",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 Yes")) This works great when we choose "1" from the year column and "Yes" from the opt-in column I tried then combining it with =IF(B5="Yes",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 Yes")),IF(B5="No",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 No")) But that doesn't seem to work as its expecting a 'value if false' Could someone please point me in the right direction here please, spent pretty much all day tearing my hair out with this.. Ive tried the new IFS too but I don't think thats of use here? Many thanks
mikeprice Posted July 9, 2018 Posted July 9, 2018 Im trying to create a workbook with cells with dropdown options that the user can change and it will update the results accordingly. I'm struggling with the formula to do the calculation for the different iterations of the contents of the dropdown cells. What I have working is =IF(B5="Yes",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 Yes")) This works great when we choose "1" from the year column and "Yes" from the opt-in column I tried then combining it with =IF(B5="Yes",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 Yes")),IF(B5="No",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 No")) But that doesn't seem to work as its expecting a 'value if false' Could someone please point me in the right direction here please, spent pretty much all day tearing my hair out with this.. Ive tried the new IFS too but I don't think thats of use here? Many thanks If I have your intention correct - try this =IF(B5="Yes",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 Yes"),IF(B5="No",IF(B6=1,"Year 1 No"))) 1
mikeprice Posted July 9, 2018 Posted July 9, 2018 That works perfectly. Thanks heaps! no problem - if I hadn't worked it out it would have been annoying me all day!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now