Deaks Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 I'm installing the Tablet PC edition of Windows XP on an old RM Tablet and while it builds just fine I'm getting none of the Tablet functions. No stylus, no front panel buttons. It works just fine if I do a CC3 build but there seems to be some apps and processes running that aren't n vanilla mode. The same devices are present in both builds, and all the drivers seem to be installed. Any suggestions?
bizzel Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 I've got an RM "RTAB912". I took a screenshot of device manager with the relevant sections expanded. See if yours looks at all similar.
Deaks Posted April 18, 2008 Author Posted April 18, 2008 Yeah, that's similar. This one is also a RTAB912-T01 and I'm currently trying to get it working after doing a dual-boot CC3 install. The CC3 side works fine but the unmanaged side has no tablet funtions. Gonna try a vanilla Tablet XP install over the weekend. RM have drivers for everything but the digitiser on their website and I'm having trouble finding generic ones.
bizzel Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 Maybe give this a go? It's a wacom digitizer in the RM tablets. Tablet PC - Software
tech_guy Posted April 18, 2008 Posted April 18, 2008 We've got RM Tablets and we had to get a CD off RM with all the drivers on as the stuff off their site wasn't what we needed.
Deaks Posted April 18, 2008 Author Posted April 18, 2008 Having spent some time googling it looks like you have to build using an Tablet version XP product key or you don't get the tablet features. The key isn't a problem as it's on the tablet, but now I have to find a copy of Tablet XP that it will build with!
Deaks Posted April 21, 2008 Author Posted April 21, 2008 Yep, that sorted it. Managed to find a copy of Tablet edition XP and built it with the key on the bottom of the tablet. Once I installed all the drivers everything worked fine. My next plan is to replace the hard drive with a fast CF card in an adapted....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now