Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Can't get stylus to work on vanilla build RM Tablet PC


Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm installing the Tablet PC edition of Windows XP on an old RM Tablet and while it builds just fine I'm getting none of the Tablet functions. No stylus, no front panel buttons. It works just fine if I do a CC3 build but there seems to be some apps and processes running that aren't n vanilla mode.

 

The same devices are present in both builds, and all the drivers seem to be installed.

 

Any suggestions?

Posted
I've got an RM "RTAB912". I took a screenshot of device manager with the relevant sections expanded. See if yours looks at all similar.

devmgr.jpg

Posted

Yeah, that's similar. This one is also a RTAB912-T01 and I'm currently trying to get it working after doing a dual-boot CC3 install. The CC3 side works fine but the unmanaged side has no tablet funtions. Gonna try a vanilla Tablet XP install over the weekend.

 

RM have drivers for everything but the digitiser on their website and I'm having trouble finding generic ones.

Posted
Having spent some time googling it looks like you have to build using an Tablet version XP product key or you don't get the tablet features. The key isn't a problem as it's on the tablet, but now I have to find a copy of Tablet XP that it will build with!
Posted

Yep, that sorted it. Managed to find a copy of Tablet edition XP and built it with the key on the bottom of the tablet. Once I installed all the drivers everything worked fine.

 

My next plan is to replace the hard drive with a fast CF card in an adapted....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...