Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Having watched the Edugeek Joomla project from afar and wondering if it was worth the effort to learn, I opted to jump in with both feet using Joomla 1.5..

 

Unfortunately I've noticed that the plugin support and general lack of intuitiveness is really letting it down and I'm just wondering if I would be better taking the hint and dropping to the earlier version where things appear to be a lot more stable and well supported.

 

 

Does anyone in the know have any suggestions or an opinion on the communities attitude to 1.5 over 1.0 and just how much support is going to transfer over?

 

Thanks...

Posted

I'm no Joomla expert but having used both versions, I find the backend in 1.5 is alot easier to use. But you are right the modules, components and plugins are in the minority but it is getting better all the time.

You could always try running 1.5 in legacy mode and use some of the older addons

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...