sidewinder Posted April 16, 2008 Posted April 16, 2008 Installed a new drive in our Mac server this morning. Without really thinking I changed the name of the old drive (from Data HD to Data 1) and of course it rendered all the share points useless. So Ive been deleting and recreating them, no big deal. But one of them asks for domain admin credentials when trying to save any changes. "You need to log in as an administrator of the domain to change automount settings. Domain: LDAPv3/127.0.0.1" Its on the same drive as all the others and they deleted fine so why wont this? I even tried renaming the drive back to what it was, the mount point works again, but it still wont let me change the name or anything without askign for credentials. I try entering the admin username and password but it wont accept it. Thats the only one I ever use and know. The actual server was setup before I was here. We dont run a Mac domain as such, the clients are all standalone and just connect to shares on the server. Is there any way to delete this bloody share point?
mactech03 Posted April 16, 2008 Posted April 16, 2008 dont know if this helps but it may be wanting your diradmin account username and password not your admin username and password. I would also try stopping afp then deleting the share and start afp back up, hope it helps you.
sidewinder Posted April 17, 2008 Author Posted April 17, 2008 OK if so then I have no idea what that is, the server predates me and I was never told anything except the admin password tried stopping AFP and doing it, still asked for the credentials Not a big problem, server is getting replaced in the summer, Ill have to just live with it
Ric_ Posted April 17, 2008 Posted April 17, 2008 @sidewinder: I believe it is common practice for the Directory Administrator username to be diradmin and at a guess you might want to try the same password as the 'normal' administrator one.
sidewinder Posted April 17, 2008 Author Posted April 17, 2008 Nah, didnt work...was worth a try though, thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now