Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I’m completely new to HyperV so am just learning the ropes and doing my research before playing on a live system.

 

I want to convert a physical sims/fms server to virtual.

We have a HyperV host and I think I’m planning to use MVMC version 3 to carry out the P2V. (Unless anyone can recommend different).

 

I’ve never done this before so plan to setup a test HyperV host and practice P2V conversions with various systems.

 

Is it really as straight forward as it looks or is it more complicated with servers running sql?

 

Basically is there any problems/issues I need to be aware of or any considerations I need to take into account?

 

Thanks for any advice received.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...