Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

Our computer science teacher has mentioned that this years GCSE requires students to have an exam user area with the Internet blocked, apart from one site where they need to download/upload resources. I'm trying to work out the best way to do this and wondered if anyone had done it before and could offer advice.

 

We're an RM school so could use RM Tutor but students can bypass the Internet block in Chrome. I've spoke to Schools Broadband who have said they can 'remove the proxy setup from each exam computer I will allow the required site through the firewall on port 443 so the PCs can access that and no others'. Which would work but we would need to set up a separate exam user and computer policy without any proxy settings in.

 

Can anyone think of an easier solution?

 

Thanks

Tracey

Posted
I have a policy that blocks the Internet. It's the bit where they have to be able to access one URL that is causing me issues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...