j_the_geek Posted April 10, 2018 Posted April 10, 2018 (edited) Is there a hidden GPO or reg change to disable "capitalize first letter of table cells"? I've applied near enough the same settings to disable spelling and grammar checking for Word 2016 and Word 2013. Word 2016 works a treat, 2013 however isn't. All auto-capitalisation options are disabled that can be disabled via GPO or reg. The only option that remains on is "capitalize first letter of table cells". If I uncheck this option in 2013, then the first letter of a paragraph stops auto-capitalising - but I can't find a way to disable this in GPO or registry. I've found a few sites where others have asked the same question, but there's been no answer. -Edit- Further testing shows that if I uncheck "capitalize first letter of table cells", then the first letter of new paragraphs are no longer changed to capitals. However, if I turn the option back on, the letters are still no longer capitalised. - Edit 2 - I have found the reg key to disable "capitalize first letter of table cells": Path = HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\a\Software\Microsoft\Office\14. 0\Word\Options\assist\ Name = fCapTable_232_1 Type = DWORD Value = 0 This disables "capitalize first letter of table cells", but the first letter is still being changed to a capital. Damnit - Edit 3 - I don't think this is possible. If I go to File > Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options Without changing anything in this window, absolutely no changes what so ever - if I close the window to return to the document, the first letter is no longer changed to a capital. What? Edited April 12, 2018 by j_the_geek
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now