meastaugh1 Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 I have some Logit Voyagers which connect to the computer via a USB connection and interface with the Logit Lab software. These use the Microsoft drivers supplied with Windows and the device shows HID Compliant Device and USB Human Interface Device. Anyone have any idea whether it is remotely possible to conenct these to a client? Ideally I'd like the clients to be running linux (such as t5135), but I could move to a Microsoft OS if needed. I don't think it's possible to do it, but is anyone aware of any 3rd party redirection software for terminal services that could do this, I'd be interested to hear. Thanks.
CyberNerd Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 I don't think there is much mileage in this, the host OS will need drivers to be able to interact with it. If the data logger logs to a flash disk, which opens as a standard usb removable disk you might be able to do it.
nut-ed Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 Are you able to use serial "Logit" devices, or some kind of a serial converter. If so it should be possible to use the serial port re-direction function on terminal services - so the drivers would reside on the server - not the client....
Geoff Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 Works ok in Citrix. Bog standard Terminal Services does not have the redirection features you need. Although as nut-ed says, the serial redirection should be sufficient if you can get serial versions of your data loggers.
nut-ed Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 Does Citrix have USB port redirection, I didn't think so....!?!?!
Geoff Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 It didn't have full redirection (only HID, mass storage and printers) until recently but now it does.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now