CyberNerd Posted April 3, 2008 Posted April 3, 2008 Marhara 1.0 has been released. Mahara is a fully featured open source electronic portfolio, weblog, resume builder and social networking system, connecting users and creating online communities. Mahara is designed to provide users with the tools to demonstrate their life-long learning, skills and development over time to selected audiences. I've been looking into using this as a moodle enhancement (it has moodle integration). Very good from a collaborative PoV, students create their own pages ala myspace, but supervised in school. Home | Mahara
Edu-IT Posted April 3, 2008 Posted April 3, 2008 Looks interesting. It has a lot of good features. Let us know how successful the integration is if you go ahead and do it.
CyberNerd Posted April 3, 2008 Author Posted April 3, 2008 I already have the beta set up, but not integrated. AFAIK the integration is single sign on - a link in moodle that links to mahara and vice versa, so no auth is required between the two, also users details are setup automatically. My biggest disappointment is that I have not found a theme that crosses moodle/mahara yet - and pretty pictures are a bit out of my league. Mahara adds a lot of functionality to moodle, I find moodle very 'top down' from a learning point of view, whereas mahara is much more student-centric. It also has the benefit that it capitalises on learning by using the methods that kids learn when they are not in school.
Geoff Posted April 4, 2008 Posted April 4, 2008 (edited) I am struggling with some SSO bugs atm. But talking to the devs, so should be all fixed soon. When I get it working correctly, I shall let you know. Edited April 4, 2008 by Geoff
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now