marsdenprimary Posted February 9, 2018 Posted February 9, 2018 Hello. We are suddenly getting a load of BAD_ADDRESS in our DHCP leases, one of which is also our OSX Server (which isn't dishing out IP's so we can rule that one out) and also printing problems and intermittent internet. There are also the odd machines getting the yellow exclamation mark on the network connection with 'no internet available'. Any advice guys? It seems to have started happening since updating the server but I'm not 100% it's related and just one of those annoying coincidences.
ADMaster Posted February 9, 2018 Posted February 9, 2018 (edited) Do you have any rogue dhcp servers? You can check with this tool. Roadkil.Net - Roadkil's DHCP Find Program Download Edited February 9, 2018 by ADMaster 1
marsdenprimary Posted February 19, 2018 Author Posted February 19, 2018 It looks like I might but how do I track them down? I'm not sure what I'm looking at with the results. I can see our normal DHCP server saying it's giving out IP's and I can see another IP that i've never seen before dishing out IP's, so there could well be a rogue.
marsdenprimary Posted February 20, 2018 Author Posted February 20, 2018 RESULT! SOLVED! Using that tool - thankyou - I found a rogue. Turned out to be a bridged network adapter. Lesson - never dridge a wireless and wired adapter ever again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now