alfatec Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 Any need for in-house storage any more??? https://www.neowin.net/news/further-information-on-onedrives-files-restore-feature-has-been-revealed
Rob_D Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 I would say yes. From our point of view, there will always be data that, for security and DP reasons, we will want to keep onsite. Although onedirve file recovery is great news!
psydii Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 I cannot think of any data that a school holds that would be inappropriate to to store in an EU Azure/Office365 data centre? I’m testing OneDrive at the moment, but it does look likely that come September I’ll have migrated all home folders to it.
Liam Posted January 16, 2018 Posted January 16, 2018 How would you achieve it though? Third party drive mapper? One drive client? I am using a third party one now and it’s just so slow. The clients works better obviously but unmanageable roaming users. I know the client is improving to combat this though with one drive files on demand in the creators update. Interesting this one . Think I’ll Still have local storage for some time yet
psydii Posted January 17, 2018 Posted January 17, 2018 There would be no network drives. Access would be via file explorer->OneDrive and have the folders redirected there. https://support.office.com/en-us/article/redirect-known-folders-to-onedrive-for-business-e1b3963c-7c6c-4694-9f2f-fb8005d9ef12 Staff would add their own departmental Sharepoint library (using the sync button). Files on Demand would keep the size of the local user profiles manageable. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/OneDrive-Blog/OneDrive-Files-On-Demand-For-The-Enterprise/ba-p/117234 Course folders would be either through Teams or a Sharepoint site directly.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now