sloughman Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 Hello This week I uninstalled Office 2010 on two PCs, using the Microsoft Office Removal tool reporting it successful. I then deployed Office 2016 all good. However the PC continues to pick up just 5 Windows Office 2010 updates dated last May, nothing from earlier or more recent, strange. It seemingly installs them, (from the list of installed updates) although when it shows installing updates it doesn't actually progress through them one at a time as it normally does. (all Office 2016 updates installed fine). But then immediately says the same five updates need installing...aaagh! Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can stop this happening, or am I going to have to just re-image afresh to deploy 2016 I have WSUS set up which works fine. Thanks
ChrisH Posted January 12, 2018 Posted January 12, 2018 I would take the opportunity to update your image with the new Office as it tends to get its tentacles into everything and doesn't go quietly. 1
mullet_man Posted January 13, 2018 Posted January 13, 2018 Did you use the Office Scrub scripts? https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/odsupport/2011/04/08/how-to-obtain-and-use-offscrub-to-automate-the-uninstallation-of-office-products/ 1
sloughman Posted January 15, 2018 Author Posted January 15, 2018 Yes the Office Removal tool (scrub) is what I used, although I used it in auto mode not manual. I think I'm just going to re-image....
Cache Posted January 15, 2018 Posted January 15, 2018 I used a slightly modified version of these scripts to do the same thing over the summer, had no issues with Office 2010 remaining. Might help if you've still got more to do: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/odsupport/2014/11/03/how-to-uninstall-office-2010-and-move-to-office-2013-click-to-run-or-volume-license/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now