conehead Posted April 1, 2008 Posted April 1, 2008 Uniservity is due to role out in my LA, and I know a number of my schools will be looking to me to help them get resources onto it. What I would like to know if anybody can recommend a scorm compiler that works well with this VLE. I have had a day training/induction with Uniservity and the schools start with a very blank canvas, no content, no default structure for year groups or subjects, but it appears to have more potental use than the last local VLE offering (Netmedia's MyDesktop) I know they are still working on a method of integrating with SIMS which would be my prefered way to populate with users but the cynic in me knows I'll be making CSV files from SIMS manually and uploading them if anybody wants to actually use it this year:P
User3204 Posted April 3, 2008 Posted April 3, 2008 I thought Uniservity had sorted out the integration with Windows AD ? There is an AD provisioning tool from Capita, that gets half the distance. It was one of the things that is supposed to have sold it to our LA... hah! We don't use SCORM on ours.
achilles Posted April 12, 2008 Posted April 12, 2008 The easiest SCORM assembler to use is the set of tools from RELOAD. RELOAD Project I have to say that creating the SCORM compliant material is the easy bit. The material you are going to work with may consist of several html pages a navigation system a quiz and resources. All SCORM does is tell your VLE where all the bits are. a typical course would be a 'web site' including linked files and a quiz. The result of the quiz is passed to the VLE plus the fact the student took the course. I beleive that SCORM 2004 comes in two flavours
conehead Posted April 13, 2008 Author Posted April 13, 2008 The easiest SCORM assembler to use is the set of tools from RELOAD. RELOAD Project I have to say that creating the SCORM compliant material is the easy bit. The material you are going to work with may consist of several html pages a navigation system a quiz and resources. All SCORM does is tell your VLE where all the bits are. a typical course would be a 'web site' including linked files and a quiz. The result of the quiz is passed to the VLE plus the fact the student took the course. I beleive that SCORM 2004 comes in two flavours I will have a look at this, thanks. I had seen the Reload site before but thought that it was a project that had ended and thought something newer may be better, but if you recommend it I'll give it a try.
conehead Posted April 13, 2008 Author Posted April 13, 2008 I thought Uniservity had sorted out the integration with Windows AD ? There is an AD provisioning tool from Capita, that gets half the distance. It was one of the things that is supposed to have sold it to our LA... hah! We don't use SCORM on ours. I know there's a lot of pressure (quite rightly) to get the system right so Sims data updates the Uniservity VLE but I'm not holding my breath, once it is in place though I really would like to be able to make progress tracking and assessment of pupils work built into the assignments they do.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now