RootsSchImp Posted December 14, 2017 Posted December 14, 2017 Hi hivemind, I've had an enquiry about whether (and which bits) of google classrooms it's possible to update from an MIS. Looking around I've seen references to 'Gsuite directory sync' but I can't find a clear outline of what it does. I know there are some CSV import options but I'm looking for a solution for a primary that doesn't have a ton of spare admin capacity so I'd really like to automate at the very least the student names/groups. They're using Bromcom but I'd be interested if anyone's done this for any MIS. There's a thread from a couple of years ago about how this is just about to happen - anyone use Google Classroom/made any progress? Thanks Ed
fiza Posted December 14, 2017 Posted December 14, 2017 Hi hivemind, I've had an enquiry about whether (and which bits) of google classrooms it's possible to update from an MIS. Looking around I've seen references to 'Gsuite directory sync' but I can't find a clear outline of what it does. I know there are some CSV import options but I'm looking for a solution for a primary that doesn't have a ton of spare admin capacity so I'd really like to automate at the very least the student names/groups. They're using Bromcom but I'd be interested if anyone's done this for any MIS. There's a thread from a couple of years ago about how this is just about to happen - anyone use Google Classroom/made any progress? Thanks Ed We use SalamanderSoft to sync our Google Classroom with SIMS and Active Directory. https://www.salamandersoft.co.uk/ works really well. 2
RootsSchImp Posted December 14, 2017 Author Posted December 14, 2017 We use SalamanderSoft to sync our Google Classroom with SIMS and Active Directory. https://www.salamandersoft.co.uk/ works really well. Oo that could work, thanks, does it pull the school calendar out as well, or just pupil stuff?
fiza Posted December 14, 2017 Posted December 14, 2017 Oo that could work, thanks, does it pull the school calendar out as well, or just pupil stuff? Pulls calendar too. Does too many things to mention. Normally you ask and they make it happen. You can also write back to some MIS systems (Ours is SIMS not sure about BROMCOM). 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now