Ric_ Posted March 31, 2008 Posted March 31, 2008 The lovely people at Adobe supply Premiere Elements as an MSI... excellent I thought! Then the problems started... I installed an admin install point using msiexec /a and it asked me all sorts of questions but didn't allow me to specify the serial number. Of course this means that a silent install fails at the point where the serial number is requested. I can successfully populate the serial number field using the SERIALNUMBER property tagged onto the msiexec command line. Hosever, using Orca to create a transform to set this property does not work... simply giving me invalid serial number errors during a silent install and not populating the field during an interactive install. Any help would be much appreciated.
localzuk Posted March 31, 2008 Posted March 31, 2008 My guess would be that installing it would be similar to CS3 installs, where you have to have xml files with the valid details in?
Ric_ Posted March 31, 2008 Author Posted March 31, 2008 My guess would be that installing it would be similar to CS3 installs, where you have to have xml files with the valid details in? You would think! PhotoShop Elements is similar to this but the install routine is different for Premiere Elements.
varghese Posted April 10, 2008 Posted April 10, 2008 There is a file Abcpy.ini where in you can enter the licence details. This file is supplied along with the CD
localzuk Posted November 7, 2011 Posted November 7, 2011 Did you ever manage to get this working @Ric_ ? I now have the same task to do... Also, how did you go about installing the templates?
Ric_ Posted November 7, 2011 Author Posted November 7, 2011 @localzuk: I ended up using SCCM to do a silent install as part of the build process. I then had to copy files into c:\program files\common files\adobe to get the license activation to work. PITA! Of course that is all from memory.
localzuk Posted November 7, 2011 Posted November 7, 2011 @localzuk: I ended up using SCCM to do a silent install as part of the build process. I then had to copy files into c:\program files\common files\adobe to get the license activation to work. PITA! Of course that is all from memory. That sounds, err..., fun. I think I'll just set up an image with it on instead!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now