FN-GM Posted November 28, 2017 Posted November 28, 2017 Hello, The WSUS IIS worker process is hogging my CPU, 97% of it!. I had this problem before and I limited it and it fixed the issue (settings attached). But it has come back. The settings haven't been changed. Does anyone have any suggestion please? Thanks
Steve21 Posted November 28, 2017 Posted November 28, 2017 I'm assuming it's the w3wp.exe running high? There was a botched WSUS update few weeks back, might have applied if you don't delay them? Think the Nov rollup patched it in the end, didn't bother checking yet as we always delay a fair bit Steve
FN-GM Posted November 30, 2017 Author Posted November 30, 2017 (edited) The IIS Worker Process in task manager is running high. I patched the system and it is still running very high and the process eventually crashes. Thanks Edited November 30, 2017 by FN-GM
Michael Posted November 30, 2017 Posted November 30, 2017 I have several WSUS instances, running on a 2016 Hyper-V, both set with 4GB of memory and running the Nov 2017 patch. On the parent WSUS, the IIS Worker Process is using about 1700MB of memory and the child WSUS is using about 100MB, all working as expected.
Michael Posted November 30, 2017 Posted November 30, 2017 All I have changed (I forgot to mention) is, navigate to: IIS Manager > Application Pools > WsusPool > Advanced Settings... > Private Memory Limit (KB) = 40000002. Restart Application Pool and this should stop the crashing. Everything else is left as default.
Arthur Posted December 1, 2017 Posted December 1, 2017 I patched the system and it is still running very high and the process eventually crashes. http://damgoodadmin.com/2017/11/30/software-update-maintenance-its-a-thing-that-you-should-do/
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now