Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is anyone here running Kay Management Server yet, and are there any issues with it?

I have read (I may have read wrong mind you) that you need at least 25 Vista clients for KMS to start registering them is this true?

Posted
Is anyone here running Kay Management Server yet, and are there any issues with it?

I have read (I may have read wrong mind you) that you need at least 25 Vista clients for KMS to start registering them is this true?

 

Not using it yet, I've been using the MAK keys so far. Yes you do need 25 clients registered afaik. They also have to get back in contact with the KMS every 180 days.

Posted

Of course you also need a Volume License Agreement. I answered another similar question here the other day.

 

Before you activate the KMS host, consider the following:

 

• To activate Windows Vista, you must have at least 25 computers running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 that are connected together; for Windows Server 2008, the minimum is 5 computers.

 

• Computers that are activated through KMS must be reactivated every six months by connecting to your organization's network.

 

Let us know how it goes Dos_Box!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...