FN-GM Posted September 5, 2017 Posted September 5, 2017 Hello, I am getting this error for new user Could not add user "[email protected]" : Error while adding member [email protected] to group [email protected] due to address collision (either an excluded resource has this address, or a change was made outside of GCDS and the cache is stale). We don't have anything excluded, nothing else has this address and no change was made outside GCDS. The user isn't a member of any group in G Suite. I have tried to clear the cache in the UI on the sync tool and it doesn't make a difference. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Thanks
Steve21 Posted September 5, 2017 Posted September 5, 2017 Are you running 4.4.26 there's a known bug in it if so, sure there was a command line to clear it though Will try to find it if you are Steve
FN-GM Posted September 5, 2017 Author Posted September 5, 2017 (edited) I am on 4.4.26! It is the latest version so I can't update. Edited September 5, 2017 by FN-GM
ADMaster Posted September 5, 2017 Posted September 5, 2017 There is a known bug. The user is added to the group anyway, it just reports a failure. Google said it would be addressed in the next update. In my case it is the classroom teachers group, all others seam to be fine.
FN-GM Posted September 6, 2017 Author Posted September 6, 2017 The user isn't added in our case. I checked in G Suite.
jthompson Posted September 6, 2017 Posted September 6, 2017 Are you running 4.4.26 there's a known bug in it if so, sure there was a command line to clear it though Will try to find it if you are Steve I've run into this problem this morning with a few new users that we added into AD. Searching around I found this blog post - http://kerntechnology.com/2017/06/ - which suggests adding an argument of -f in the command line to flush the cache when running the GCDS sync. Is that what you were referring to? If so, have you added that argument to your scheduled GCDS command to flush the cache each time or just a one-time thing?
jthompson Posted September 6, 2017 Posted September 6, 2017 Just tried the -f argument on the command line and I got a successful sync, with previously affected users reactivated on Google. So... “C:\Program Files\Google Cloud Directory Sync\sync-cmd.exe" -a -f -c config_file.xml Running our normal scheduled task (i.e. without the -f) then synced successfully also. Will see what happens once another new AD user is added.
FN-GM Posted September 6, 2017 Author Posted September 6, 2017 Just tried the -f argument on the command line and I got a successful sync, with previously affected users reactivated on Google. So... “C:\Program Files\Google Cloud Directory Sync\sync-cmd.exe" -a -f -c config_file.xml Running our normal scheduled task (i.e. without the -f) then synced successfully also. Will see what happens once another new AD user is added. This doesn't make a difference i am afraid.
jthompson Posted September 6, 2017 Posted September 6, 2017 Perhaps the error you've got is slightly different from what I've experienced then, as yours is with a group membership, whereas mine is just with user creation (I'm not currently syncing any groups here).
eddyc Posted July 12, 2018 Posted July 12, 2018 This doesn't make a difference i am afraid. Hello @FN-GM I updated our sync today and am seeing the same messages. Did you manage to get to the bottom of the issue \ resolve it? Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now