LemonEntry Posted July 25, 2017 Posted July 25, 2017 (edited) I'm configuring an automated Visual Studio 2017 Community Ed installation for Visual Basic desktop application development. Works fine, except I only get UWP ("Universal / Modern application") as a option when creating new projects. Which extra workflows do I need to install to enable desktop application development for systems other than Windows 10? Alternatively, has anyone had any issues with just installing the whole thing? Only installed workflows are currently "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop" and "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Universal Current respone.json, in case anyone else is looking to deploy. Build using guidance from Microsoft Docs {"installChannelUri":".\\ChannelManifest.json","channelUri":"https://aka.ms/vs/15/release/channel","installCatalogUri":".\\Catalog.json","channelId":"VisualStudio.15.Release","productId":"Microsoft.VisualStudio.Product.Community","installPath": "C:\\Program Files\\VisualStudio 2017 Community Edition","quiet": false,"passive": false,"includeRecommended": true,"norestart": true,"addProductLang": "en-US","add": ["Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.NativeDesktop","Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.Universal"]} Edit: Solution was to install ".Net Desktop Development" (Microsoft.VisualStudio.Workload.ManagedDesktop) Edited July 25, 2017 by LemonEntry
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now