Shadow_Walker Posted June 27, 2017 Posted June 27, 2017 I have a teacher who has a laptop with a displayport to HDMI adapter to plug it into the touchscreen board. My issue is that when she plugs it in the sound does not always come through for whatever reason. She has to close the lid a few times before the sound starts. I have updated the sound device drivers, just wondering if there is anything else i can do. My last thought was to get a new adapter.
Joanne Posted June 27, 2017 Posted June 27, 2017 Is there a jack lead involved too? Is the output Display Port? If you right click the volume icon in the taskbar you should be able to open up playback devices and select the correct speakers...
Shadow_Walker Posted June 27, 2017 Author Posted June 27, 2017 Is there a jack lead involved too? Is the output Display Port? If you right click the volume icon in the taskbar you should be able to open up playback devices and select the correct speakers... Hi The laptop has a displayport but the touchscreen board only has hdmi we have a displayport to hdmi adapter which then plugs into a hdmi cable which plugs into the point in the wall. When i right click on the sound properties it has changed it to touchscreen but no sound carries straight away.
Joanne Posted June 27, 2017 Posted June 27, 2017 I didn't think that DisplayPort did sound? Am I wrong?
Shadow_Walker Posted June 27, 2017 Author Posted June 27, 2017 I didn't think that DisplayPort did sound? Am I wrong? I am sure it does carry sound and audio. I am just going to check the room now but pretty sure it does not have a audio jack connection
Joanne Posted June 27, 2017 Posted June 27, 2017 It does! News to me! https://superuser.com/questions/229084/does-displayport-carry-sound-as-hdmi-does Yeah I reckon once she plugs in, right click on the volume icon in the task bar, then choose the screen to output on...
Passat1983ICTech Posted June 27, 2017 Posted June 27, 2017 have you tried to kill the on the input it might come back and work
admars Posted June 27, 2017 Posted June 27, 2017 display port does do sound, but not always I have some Lenovo machines which don't. If you can set it, then you have to explicitly tell it to do it through the displayport
Shadow_Walker Posted June 30, 2017 Author Posted June 30, 2017 display port does do sound, but not always I have some Lenovo machines which don't. If you can set it, then you have to explicitly tell it to do it through the displayport Yes it is a Lenovo machine i am having issues with!
admars Posted June 30, 2017 Posted June 30, 2017 i think i found that mine wouldn't do sound when i googled the model number and it took me to the lenovo forums where there were ppl saying it didn't work, i think the machine was a think centre m58
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now