ddevey Posted May 27, 2017 Posted May 27, 2017 I need to generate a report in SIMS with the following information: Admission Number, Priority, Address Type {Home/Work} Title, Name, Surname, Address, Contact number, email and profession. I basically need all of the contact details stored against a student record. However we have a number of addresses (Fee payer etc) stored as priority 1, 2 and 8. Can anyone tell me how to generate a report that has all the priority addresses in it? I haven't used filters before I know you can choose which priority to extract but I haven't a clue where to start. I'm on a really short deadline so if anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful.
RootsSchImp Posted May 28, 2017 Posted May 28, 2017 Hi ddevey, Go to reports, design report, new and click next until you get a screen with a list of fields. Choose the student fields you want and also the blue contacts subreport from below the fields. Subreports contain multiple records in their fields per student. Once you add them to the report a little book icon appears, click this to filter these. Next screen filter the students you want to see. Then click through to default output and choose what you want. If you're generating an excel list and want all the data on all the rows you'll want to untick 'suppress duplicate s'. Good luck Ed 1
ddevey Posted May 29, 2017 Author Posted May 29, 2017 Thanks for the help. In the end a friend generated a report for me. I do know how to run reports, but for some reason the report I ran introduced missing student ID's and also didn't include siblings. No idea why. I think we're sorted now......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now