FN-GM Posted May 25, 2017 Posted May 25, 2017 Hello, I have a couple of spare NAS boxes inherited from some schools that joined our MAT. I am looking at installing one of them at a school that is outside of our network. They run a basic version of Windows Server 2008 R2. I am thinking about loading FreeNAS onto them. Is there any way to backup securely over the internet via FreeNAS please? Thanks
Arthur Posted May 25, 2017 Posted May 25, 2017 (edited) Is there any way to backup securely over the internet via FreeNAS please? ZFS Send and Receive + VPN? https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/265492 https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18752_01/html/819-5461/gbchx.html Edit. http://doc.freenas.org/11/storage.html?highlight=replication#replication-tasks Edit 2. ZFS replication is very fast. Edited May 25, 2017 by Arthur
jmcdermott Posted May 25, 2017 Posted May 25, 2017 I use duplicati from our primary schools, with an encrypted incremental backup to an owncloud install on an old server box located in my academy. It works very well and have no problems with it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now