Sohailahmad Posted May 23, 2017 Posted May 23, 2017 Hi All We have SmartNotebook v15 deployed in our school and we are using Papercut with two print queues deployed for the same copier. One queue is for colour while the other is for black & white. For all users the default queue is B&W. When using anything but SmartNotebook, the software will use the predefined colour settings and print in B&W for any document. When printing in SmartNotebook, in the print window there is a "printer setup" tab. In this tab there is a small tick box which allows for colour printing. Unfortunately even if the printer via the server is set to B&W as default it will still force the currently selected printer to print in colour. Untick the box then forces it in to B&W. If I untick then close the print window then go back in the box is ticked again to print in colour. Please see images attached. My issue is that I can't find a preference file either in the users appdata folders roaming/local, program data or program files where I can maybe set the default to be unticked. then deploy that preference file to all other users/computers via Group Policy. I have had to do something similar with Promethean Active Inspire where I was able to edit the program default settings to turn certain options off then export that to other users using a logon script. Does anyone else have this issue? Does anyone know of any settings files that I could possibly edit to force the B&W option for all users? Smart appdata and program files folders are full of XML/INI/JS files, I just can't find the right one. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Sohailahmad Posted June 6, 2017 Author Posted June 6, 2017 Sorry, just a little bump to see if anyone else has any ideas, many thanks
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now