Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

It's been a while since I've done this - I just ordered 4 more compatible drives for my servers (2 each). Currently, each one has 4 drives, so after the new ones arrive, they're going to have 6 drives each. I know you can just remove the dummy covers and add the new drives. Is there anything else I need to do before adding the new drives to the existing array using HP's Smart Storage Administrator tool?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Posted

Take a backup. Pray to the great god Baal. Sacrifice a goat.

 

Two of those may be optional. The other definitely isn't. Especially when it comes to expanding existing arrays :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...