theofarrer1 Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 Hi all, This is my first post on EduGeek, so I'm hoping I do everything right! Basically at the school I attend I am a Digital Leader. I have received a request from a member of staff in science that uses animated PowerPoints from Boardworks. These work fine when in MS PowerPoint (we run 2010), but as we are slowly moving over to G Suite, he has reported that the animations don't work in Google Slides. Does anyone know how I could resolve this? I have already suggested using the Google Drive plugin for Microsoft Office (which we have deployed to all staff machines), and currently I think this will be the best idea. Thank you! Theo
FN-GM Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 I doubt the plugin would work. They have moved from Boardworks to Doddle now, it is all web based so will just work. We had a support ticket for this, turned out the slides had been nicked from another school so didn't need them in the end anyway. 1
theofarrer1 Posted April 26, 2017 Author Posted April 26, 2017 Thank you! I'll let the staff member know when I get in tomorrow morning. I only suggested the Google Drive plugin because my understanding is that you can save it directly to G Drive, and not have to constantly save to one location, then upload to another- but I've only used it for a week- didn't 100% like it, so I just ditched it and started using G Docs, Slides etc and not MS Office.
FN-GM Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 Sorry, I miss understood. I thought you meant this plugin - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/office-editing-for-docs-s/gbkeegbaiigmenfmjfclcdgdpimamgkj?hl=en If you mean this plugin it might work after all! - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/driveforoffice There is an enterprise MSI installer for it here - https://support.google.com/a/answer/6165960?hl=en 1
theofarrer1 Posted April 26, 2017 Author Posted April 26, 2017 Yes, it is that plugin at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/driveforoffice I'm not sure how it was deployed on the network, but on some computers it showed in Office one day, the next it disappeared. I've also contacted Boardworks support as well to see what they say, but I'm pretty sure they won't say much. Thank you!
Arthur Posted April 26, 2017 Posted April 26, 2017 These work fine when in MS PowerPoint (we run 2010), but as we are slowly moving over to G Suite, he has reported that the animations don't work in Google Slides. Unfortunately the animations in Boardworks PowerPoints are embedded Flash files (SWFs) which is why they don't work in Google Slides. To check yours select one of the animations in PowerPoint, go to the Developer tab and then click the Properties button. You should see something like this... 1
theofarrer1 Posted April 27, 2017 Author Posted April 27, 2017 I'll have a look later on- have exams all morning
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now