garethEds Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 Has anyone followed a tutorial such as this one? Upgrade 2012 R2 Cluster to 2016 using Cluster OS Rolling Upgrade Gareth
FN-GM Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 I didn't follow that exact one, but a similar one and it worked fine.
garethEds Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 I didn't follow that exact one, but a similar one and it worked fine. Cheers @FN-GM - do you have the link? Also - I don't suppose you could advise on what information I need to take from the old server to upgrade? I get IP addresses etc etc - but anything else? In fairness, it was @rich_tech that set it all up before he left. One of my biggest worries is that the server will take 2016. Gareth
FN-GM Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 This is the guide I used https://hyperv.veeam.com/blog/how-to-upgrade-hyper-v-cluster-in-windows-server-2016/ One big thing to note is how the server connects to your SAN.
garethEds Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 This is the guide I used https://hyperv.veeam.com/blog/how-to-upgrade-hyper-v-cluster-in-windows-server-2016/ One big thing to note is how the server connects to your SAN. Thanks Sir for the link. As for how we connect to our SAN - we go through the network cards with a switch in the middle. The switch is 1Gbit. We could not afford fibre channel stuff when we specced it up three/four years ago. Gareth
PotNoodleTech Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 Cheers @FN-GM - do you have the link? Also - I don't suppose you could advise on what information I need to take from the old server to upgrade? I get IP addresses etc etc - but anything else? In fairness, it was @rich_tech that set it all up before he left. One of my biggest worries is that the server will take 2016. Gareth Rich tech left you?!! Hey Ga - There's no real urgent need to upgrade to 2016 though - you can stay on 2012r2 for the foreseeable future with no issues?
garethEds Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 Rich tech left you?!! Hey Ga - There's no real urgent need to upgrade to 2016 though - you can stay on 2012r2 for the foreseeable future with no issues? Afternoon Pal - yeah I know, but was looking for a project for the next few weeks ;-) Gareth
PotNoodleTech Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 Afternoon Pal - yeah I know, but was looking for a project for the next few weeks ;-) Gareth I'll ring around see if we can find you some more marking to do
rich_tech Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 Rich tech left you?!! Hey Ga - There's no real urgent need to upgrade to 2016 though - you can stay on 2012r2 for the foreseeable future with no issues? Aye I jumped ship to industry a little over 12 months ago now 1
PotNoodleTech Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 Trust it's all going well in the land of real people doing real work?
rich_tech Posted May 15, 2017 Posted May 15, 2017 Trust it's all going well in the land of real people doing real work? going a little off topic, it is going well, loved my time in Education to be fair and it played a big hand in getting me current skills wise to get a job where I am now, I hit top of scale within the school and it was quite a constrained system in Swansea at the time because of the level of LEA involvement within the domain and its infrastructure management for me (I got on well with all the people on LEA side to be fair and I did see both sides of the coin as to its demarcation and controls). New place I work - full control of a domain and its infrastructure and it really focuses you in a different way to working in a school I find, especially when stuff really is critical to making the business its product. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now