round2it Posted April 5, 2017 Posted April 5, 2017 Hi I have a small issue with dns (presumption) we have 2 servers that are available from outside the domain the dns records are set at the ISP this works perfectly. if I use the same web address from within the school I am displayed with a this page can not be displayed. if I user the servername instead of the external web address then I can access the webpage without issue. My question is can I set a internal dns record to reroute any requests for Yahoo! to the internal Ip address. am I missing something here as we have just moved to a new ISP and don't require proxy server settings now and I always had the webservers in the proxy bypass settings. I hope you can unpick what my issue is.
TechMonkey Posted April 5, 2017 Posted April 5, 2017 If you have a service internally you need a DNS entry on your internal DNS server. Routers do not like sending traffic out and then back in again, they get confused (I'm sure there is a technical explanation for this, I just don't know it so "confusion" is better than pig headedness). You will then probably need proxy bypass. 1
TechMonkey Posted April 5, 2017 Posted April 5, 2017 As long as they are pointing at your DNS then it should work.
round2it Posted April 6, 2017 Author Posted April 6, 2017 just wondering if our firewall could redirect to the internal IP
TechMonkey Posted April 6, 2017 Posted April 6, 2017 It may be able to. Have you put the entry in to your DNS?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now