Scotmk Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Has anyone done this? I saw this: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,4223/Itemid,35/ any good? WE have quite a few add-ons, mod/com, etc, and I dont want to stop these working, I would not do it to the live system ) but not sure where to start to amke it go smoothly (if thats possible). Thanks Scot
rush_tech Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 I'm sure SYSMAN will be along with a answer:) I did a quick search at found this. As for addons I have used Joomla 1.5 for my own website and you can run 1.5 in legacy mode to use the joomla 1.x addons:)
Scotmk Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 I'm sure SYSMAN will be along with a answer:) I did a quick search at found this. As for addons I have used Joomla 1.5 for my own website and you can run 1.5 in legacy mode to use the joomla 1.x addons:) Eggsellent
Scotmk Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 I'm in no hurry to change over my school sites to 1.5 when 1.0.x does all I need. I am not in to much of a hurry, but there is a couple of modules I have seen which look good, and would work well with what I have been asked to do, so I am holding them off for as long as I can, as I like the site as it is. but you know how it is, they will keep asking!!!!!!
MkII Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 the 1.5 backend is a vast improvement which is why my new site uses it.
ChrisH Posted March 8, 2008 Posted March 8, 2008 Its API is a lot more friendlier as well by the look of it. I dabbled with it a bit and found my way round it fairly easy but the 1.0x stuff is hard going for me and I have only done basic stuff in it.
alonebfg Posted March 23, 2008 Posted March 23, 2008 Just as a quick one on this the migration is not as easy as it seems I have just been doing the basic edugeek ones and even with all the addons it did not work. there was a lot of template editing and sql manual transfer but it is going well I my opion if you have a working site I would not upgrade yet to 1.5 but if you are starting a fresh have a go.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now