inewman Posted February 8, 2017 Posted February 8, 2017 Good morning, We are looking to sell our school radio station and I am hoping someone may be able to suggest where. Its not the sort of thing you normally find on ebay so I am open to ideas (and offers if anyone is looking for one). Thanks Ian
lfowler Posted February 8, 2017 Posted February 8, 2017 Hi Ian, We are currently looking at purchasing a school radio through schoolradio.com but if you have better and cheaper equipment we would consider it. What equipment are you selling? Liam
inewman Posted February 8, 2017 Author Posted February 8, 2017 To be honest i dont know anything about it, i have just been jobbed will selling it for the media dept. I will get some photos and post them on here for you.
lfowler Posted February 8, 2017 Posted February 8, 2017 That would be brilliant, thank you. Do you know what sort of price the media department want for it?
inewman Posted February 8, 2017 Author Posted February 8, 2017 I don't I'm afraid. A sensible offer would be accepted i'm sure, the main thing is to get the room back in use! when new it was around 15k but they wouldn't be expecting anything close to that.
inewman Posted February 8, 2017 Author Posted February 8, 2017 (edited) Images Edited February 8, 2017 by inewman
Al_NetSupport Posted February 8, 2017 Posted February 8, 2017 (edited) Hi Ian, We are currently looking at purchasing a school radio through schoolradio.com but if you have better and cheaper equipment we would consider it. What equipment are you selling? Liam Based on our experiences at BETT I'd definitely recommend you also speak to Russell at Anderton Tiger http://andertontiger.com He provides low cost School radio equipment and workshops to hundreds of schools. Not on commission, just a really nice guy with a good product. Edited February 8, 2017 by Al_NetSupport
PotNoodleTech Posted February 9, 2017 Posted February 9, 2017 That's some old, but very good quality kit there - I wish we had that in our radio station!!
antlear Posted February 10, 2017 Posted February 10, 2017 Images [ATTACH=CONFIG]41438[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]41439[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]41440[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]41441[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]41442[/ATTACH] The kit you have there is good quality. i have used similar kit to that and have friends who own radio kit like that. The thing that a school buting it will need is radio pc software to play tracks, jingles etc. The software I would recommend is Competa. Competa Playout | vectoraudio.co.uk Competa was sold but is now Free with paid support. The person who wrote Competa is a radio engineer and works/worked for Global radio. I know several ex radio station managers who really rate it... Hope that helps. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now