Andi Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Due to a glaring error at WCBS our MIS system PASS is out of action today as it's a leap year. Their solution was to "simply change the date on your PC". Now, we don't allow users to do that, as the workstations get their system time from the DCs and I don't want to go changing the time on those! What would be the implications of allowing certain members of staff to change their system time just for today?
Ryan Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 Think you need admin rights (local or domain) to do such a thing, dontcha? If you're comfy granting them local admin, you could do. Dunno if the ability to fiddle with the clock can be unlocked separately?
Andi Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 I think it can be done with a group policy, which I have done now, but I was wondering on the implications of syncing with the DCs really/
powdarrmonkey Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 You'll find that they then can't log in, because their clock is too far out of sync with the domain controllers. It's not an option. 1
Andi Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 Thanks, I thought it might have been a bigger issue than our MIS developers seemed to think.
Iain Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 I don't know if you are aware yet, but they've released a patch on their website http://www.wcbs.co.uk/. You'll have to log in to download it though. I've just applied it to our server and it seems to have fixed the issue. (Remember to check the security permissions on the new file once you've installed it, otherwise users won't be able to run PASS, they'll just get an application error). Iain. 2
Andi Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 Yes our database administrator is just downloading it at the moment. Cheers.
Andi Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 How do you install a bpl file? That's the format the patch is in.
Iain Posted February 29, 2008 Posted February 29, 2008 You just need to copy it to the directory where PASS is installed on the server (for me it's in c:\Program Files\WCBS\PASS for Windows\). I renamed the old file first though as a backup. Iain. 1
Andi Posted February 29, 2008 Author Posted February 29, 2008 Thanks Iain, just spotted that as you replied.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now