gshaw Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 At the moment we've got a Security Group called All Users that emails all staff in AD (each new user gets added to that group as they are created). Been like this for years, well before I started so not sure if it's the best way of doing it? Anyway I was wondering if it's possible to restrict use of it to certain users only as it's not good to have hundreds of emails flying about that don't necessarily need to be going to everyone?
JamesC Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 "Anyway I was wondering if it's possible to restrict use of it to certain users only..." It sure is. Make sure you perform this on a computer with the exchange tools installed, of course they will be installed on your exchange server by default so probably advisable to do it on there. right click the security group -> properties -> exchange general (tab) -> message restrictions set this to: accept messages only from now populate the list with names you want to be able to send emails to the All Users group and then only these users will be able to send messages using the group. 1
gshaw Posted February 28, 2008 Author Posted February 28, 2008 Thanks for that, spot on Do you have an All Users group, if so is it set up the same way as above or is there another way of doing it? The group also doubles up for Security etc as well so does come in handy...
JamesC Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Yep - I have an 'All Users' group as well, and like you it is a security group which I use for permissions and so on. Its the way I've always done it and I've never had a problem.
Ryan Posted February 28, 2008 Posted February 28, 2008 Is there an 'Everyone' group built into Exchange by default?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now