acrobson Posted February 26, 2008 Posted February 26, 2008 Hi all, I have the challenge of putting an Acer Travelmate 4200 Series back to XP professional . I am usually a Dell or HP man; however someone has it in for me! I am tempted just to backup all the data and wipe the machine and out XP pro on, however, I cannot find 'ALL' the drivers on the net, however there seems to be a folder on the C drive called 'DRV' with a few in, I’m hoping these are compatible with XP and vista. However, are there any known issues with put XP on an Acer machine? I know there can be a few issues with HP with there pre-configured sectors etc. At the minute, I am tempted to put another HDD in the laptop, install XP and the drivers I have found so far and see what fails. If all is well, do it for real on the original HDD.
kmount Posted February 26, 2008 Posted February 26, 2008 I'll guess its a Travelmate 4200? If so, we've put them back to XP Pro from Vista no problem. Look here for the drivers.
Quackers Posted February 26, 2008 Posted February 26, 2008 I had to downgrade 32 of these to XP when we bought them for use with a Laptop trolly. The drivers are there for XP, but you need to go to the USA Acer site.
trickstar Posted March 3, 2008 Posted March 3, 2008 Why didn't you just buy them with XP on them in the first place?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now