Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi all,

 

I have the challenge of putting an Acer Travelmate 4200 Series back to XP professional :D. I am usually a Dell or HP man; however someone has it in for me!

 

I am tempted just to backup all the data and wipe the machine and out XP pro on, however, I cannot find 'ALL' the drivers on the net, however there seems to be a folder on the C drive called 'DRV' with a few in, I’m hoping these are compatible with XP and vista. :confused:

 

However, are there any known issues with put XP on an Acer machine? I know there can be a few issues with HP with there pre-configured sectors etc.

 

At the minute, I am tempted to put another HDD in the laptop, install XP and the drivers I have found so far and see what fails. If all is well, do it for real on the original HDD. :cool:

Posted
I had to downgrade 32 of these to XP when we bought them for use with a Laptop trolly. The drivers are there for XP, but you need to go to the USA Acer site.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...