Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

 

I noticed the update to the add the other day and its a good thing on the whole, I noticed though a potential privacy issue I believe though as it seems to show peoples posts with their previous usernames being highlighted - if you look at the attached post when viewing through threads on there, it shows abillybobs original username in the previous quoted posts, despite his username showing as the current abillybob in the thread.

 

Potential issue for people who changed names for privacy reasons there I think.

 

 

IMG_0002.png

Posted (edited)

Its nothing app related, its the quoted text that doesnt update when changing username it appears: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/general-chat/133857-new-1-coin.html#post1146279

I dont think there is any real way around it as it would require quite a bit of batch work to make all the changes en-mass as each post would have to be searched and updated then the compiled version of the post as well. We can make edits if necessary but we do also recommend people dont use their real names when they sign up as it causes issues like this. Real name policy like Facebook etc has always led to issues especially if you ever were to criticise a company/product.

Hmm going to test the new system as well to see if it links quotes differently which it may but no forum system handles this I think.

Edited by ZeroHour

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...