pooley Posted February 25, 2008 Posted February 25, 2008 I have IIS installed on 1 server and have enabled webdav, this works great for any shares that are held on the IIS server, unfortunately I cannot get webdav to work with shares on my file server. I have tried webdav with a unc path and actually mapping a drive and using that, still no joy. Seems to be a permissions/authentication issue. Has anyone come across this problem ?
srochford Posted February 26, 2008 Posted February 26, 2008 You can't do it (at least not with any semblance of ease!) the basic problem is that there's no easy way for the IIS server to pass your credentials across to the file server. Put IIS on the file server and enable WebDAV; publish it through ISA server (if you have it and want external access) - it will make your life much easier!
mrforgetful Posted February 26, 2008 Posted February 26, 2008 You can do it but you will still have to enable WebDAV on the servers that hold the directories you want to access. We have our Home Directories on 3 different servers accessible via WebDAV but people only actually access the Public Drive server. To access public they go to https://public.school.sch.uk/public To acces their User Area they go to one of the following: https://public.school.sch.uk/home01/yeargroup/user https://public.school.sch.uk/home02/yeargroup/user https://public.school.sch.uk/home03/yeargroup/user Not the most friendly addresses but they cope.
pooley Posted February 26, 2008 Author Posted February 26, 2008 ISA Server is held by county, don't think i'm going to get anywhere with them. I need it to work externally, I know I can install IIS on the file server and share using webdav from there, but our only external Ip is on our exchange/web server and its our only direct link to outside world. Any other solutions ?
pooley Posted February 26, 2008 Author Posted February 26, 2008 Hmm ignore above post, seems the radius tab stating "A share located on another computer" has done the job, i'm sure i've tried this previously ?? Don't know why its suddenly decided to work, but I'll take it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now