Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

In typical Printer fashion, it stopped being "installed" this morning.

 

Now, whenever you remove it completely (I think...) restart and try to install it, printer connected and disconnected - it throws out an error message:

 

The specified procedure could not be found

 

 

 

The printer is a HP LaserJet 1000... and I can't think of anything else to try - does anyone have any ideas?

Posted
Local via USB... although it has some wierd Parallel - USB converter type thing attached and I would try a parallel, except the ends are the same on both ends :/
Posted

I've seen various types of USB adapters. Some are host powered and others require an external mains power supply.

 

I'd try disconnecting all cables/adapters and re-connecting everything together. This then allows you to check whether it's a physical cable/adapter issue or a Windows problem.

 

You could also temporarily connect it to a secondary machine to see if the same problem happens or not.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...