Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello,

 

Does anyone have a list of IP addresses use my Chromebooks to update the time please? I need to make them exceptions on Smoothwall so they keep the correct time.

 

I have so far: 216.58.201.46 & 216.58.212.78

 

Thanks

Posted

What chromebooks are they? I thought most google stuff used their own servers which don't seem to be your IPs you listed:

 

time1.google.com

time2.google.com

time3.google.com

time4.google.com

 

The one you listed - 216.58.201.46 is their connectivity checker I thought connectivitycheck.gstatic.com

 

Steve

Posted (edited)
What chromebooks are they? I thought most google stuff used their own servers which don't seem to be your IPs you listed:

 

time1.google.com

time2.google.com

time3.google.com

time4.google.com

 

The one you listed - 216.58.201.46 is their connectivity checker I thought connectivitycheck.gstatic.com

 

Steve

 

Ah, I had to put 216.58.201.46 in the by pass for it to get a IP address. I wonder if it uses the connectivity checker before it gets its IP address? These are brand new devices so that might be the case.

Edited by FN-GM

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...