yassine1641 Posted October 22, 2016 Posted October 22, 2016 Hello IT Geeks, I've uploaded successfully a signed certificate from StartSSL to our Zonedirectors. and now the warning of https authentification page has disapeared. In our institution we have 3 SSID , the first is for our students ( this one reach our dns , so able to resolve the FQDN of our Zonedirector successfully) , the problem is with the 2 others SSID (For Guests : They use a public dns, so cannot resolve the FQDN :s). Could help me with that please.
Boredguy Posted October 23, 2016 Posted October 23, 2016 When I set up our Guest/BYoD SSID's, I used a dedicated DNS/DHCP server so was able to set a cname value in that DNS for our authentication page.
bob_uk2k Posted October 24, 2016 Posted October 24, 2016 Hi, I agree with Boardguy, you will need a dns server those 2 other ssids that is a dedicated dns server which still gets answers from the internet on the client's behalf but has a local zone for your FDQN to force the client's lookup to get the response you want. Robert
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now