mlunn82 Posted October 20, 2016 Posted October 20, 2016 Hi, The servers are 2008R2 and windows 10 All our laptop are running windows but have edge as their default browers whcih is causing issues. Want to make google chrome as default with GPO help please? I have downloaded the the chrome adm and admx andset up the GPO and also tried the default application association XML file that chrome give you. https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7009292?hl=en Have tried most options so far but can't get GPO to work. Thanks in advance Mark
PyROm Posted October 20, 2016 Posted October 20, 2016 I have just had a similar problem, I made Internet explorer the default and used dism to export the xml config. I then set it to use that in gpo and the computers just seem to ignore it, tried storing it on a network share and the root of C: just to see if that made a difference. In the end I've just ended up importing the config file back into to pc`s manually with dism.
Arthur Posted October 20, 2016 Posted October 20, 2016 I then set it to use that in gpo and the computers just seem to ignore it If you have Windows 10 Pro that's the reason why.
PyROm Posted October 20, 2016 Posted October 20, 2016 on windows 10 education 1607 with all the updates.
free780 Posted October 20, 2016 Posted October 20, 2016 I know on 1511 the defaults only apply after the 2nd login. I pushed out the dism import using SCCM to correct this. What type of profiles are you using?
mlunn82 Posted October 21, 2016 Author Posted October 21, 2016 I am using mandatory and default profiles. Edge is just causing load of problems and crashing so trying to get Chrome the default but nothing seems to be working with windows 10 enterprise
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now