Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've just recieved a HP TC (T5725) to play about with and was wondering how people have setup their XPe systems?

 

Do you bother joining them to the domain or do you let windows auto login locally with a batch file to run MSTSC to the terminal server?

 

This the first TC I've ever used so am very much at a beginners level on this end of things.

Posted

I have a few XPe terminals (t5700 and t5710 IIRC) and I just allow them to autologin as a restricted user with just a link on the desktop to access the remote desktop.

 

If you are buying new, I would recommend against them - I only have them because they were ridiculously cheap - and you should buy the t5725 which is Debian based and works with Altiris for easy deployment (plus they are much cheaper!).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...